Thursday, April 30, 2015

A recent record of Cambodian Tailorbird from the Bassac Marshes





 
On 11 June 2014 (dry season) at about 6:55 AM, more than 2 Cambodian Tailorbirds were seen in inundated grasslands with scattered trees and scrub in Bassac Marshes, Kandal province, Cambodia. I was about 15 m from it and only obtained one photograph of it. I found it when I was trying for the Blue winged Pitta (Pitta moluccensis) by using a broadcast with 20s of recorded song of the Pitta. On 21 August (flood season), I came back to the same location, but I did not see them that time. Water level in the Bassac Marsh then was about 1.2 m.

This species was found in mixed group with Yellow-vented Bulbul (Pycnonotus goiavier), Sooty-headed Bulbul(Pycnonotus aurigaster) and Brown-throated Sunbird (Anthreptes malacensis).

Record from Duy Le, posted by RvZ

No comments:

Post a Comment